Monday 20 August 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Hello my wonderful, bookish friends!


This week I read a BRILLIANT book called The Thirteenth Tale.  I gotta tell you, I really like books about twins. Especially because the twins are usually a bit kooky!

If you like kooky stories, twins, big houses, bookshops, authors, and author interviews, you are going to get into this book. I loved every word and was completely satisfied by the ending. I give it 5 stars!

It is now my second favourite read of the year, equal with The Secret Garden (which actually has some similar elements.) 


My first favourite book of the year is still 11/22/63 by Stephen King, because time travel stories are always top of my list! 

Not sure what I'm going to read next.
My Mum gave me a stack of books on Saturday, and, of course I have HEAPS more, on my TBR shelves.


Mum said The Outcast is a fantastic book, and thought I should start there.
Are there any here that you have read and given 5 stars??

I'm joining up with Sheila at Book Journey, where we always have a lovely time talking books!



xx

20 comments:

  1. I liked The Memory Keepers Daughter and loved The Queen's Fool, I think I gave it 5 stars. The Thirteenth Tale is going on my wishlist. Have a great week and happy reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I might have to read Memory keeper's Daughter - it's another twin book! :)

      Delete
  2. What lovely looking books! I enjoyed The Memory Keeper's Daughter...The Thirteenth Tale is definitely going on my list. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the Thirteenth Tale, being an author. Might even inspire you to write your memoirs! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read The Thirteenth Tale or The Secret Garden - I'm definitely looking into them since they are 2 of your faves. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you loved The Thirteenth Tale so much. You definitely have me intrigued. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has very peculiar characters that grabbed my interest, and I noticed on goodreads there were only one or two people out of about 100 who thought it was too slow or rubbish, lol!

      Delete
  5. I loved The Thirteenth Tale! I just started 11/22/63. Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you love 11/22/63! I know it's long, but there was only a tiny bit in the middle that was a bit slow, maybe ten pages, and the rest of it just fascinated me! :)

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed The Memory Keeper's Daughter, I hope you do as well. Have a fab week of reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twins are just amazing to watch (and read about). I always have at least one set of twins in my class each year, and one year I had three sets! :)

      Delete
  7. I can not wait to start the Thirteenth Tale - Im currently reading Ralphs Party by Lisa Jewell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Ralph's Party. Sounds a bit like Friends, lol! :)

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed The Lavender Keeper and i am a fan of Gabrielle Lord - I have her latest book - due out next month here for review.

    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed all of Fiona McIntosh's fantasy books, so I'm looking forward to this one. I've not read Gabrielle Lord before, but Mum says it's a real page turner! :)

      Delete
  9. How nice of your mom to give you that big stack of books! I love sharing books with my family.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum works in a thrift shop where the books are way cheap, like a dollar, and she reads about 5 a week, so there's always mountains of books at my her place, which end up at my house, lol! :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx