Thursday 2 August 2012

A Snap A Set A Song - Feathers

I'm joining in with the theme of Feathers over at A Snap, A Set and A Song.
My interpretation is Blackbird, totally inspired by the song of the same name.

A Snap


I found this amazing art by Anne-Julie Aubry when I googled 'blackbird' images. This picture was so gorgeous, I instantly added The Nebulous Kingdom to my favourite etsy shop list!

A Set

Blackbird




Oscar de la renta dress
net-a-porter.com

Valentino handbag
marissacollections.com

Monica Vinader 18 karat gold ring
$94 - theoutnet.com

Amrita singh jewelry
amritasingh.com

1928 jewelry
1928.com

Friis Company heart necklace
$17 - shopfriiscompany.com

Tom ford lipstick
bloomingdales.com

Shu uemura waterproof mascara
shuuemura-usa.com

Vintage perfume
$68 - steptoesantiques.co.uk

Rockett St George Love Birds Wall Sticker – Black
$77 - coggles.com








A Song
I adore, adore, adore this song, which I first really got to know when listening to the brilliant Beatlesque soundtrack of I am Sam. I so love Sarah McLachlan's voice!






There is also a wonderful Glee version of this song, which doesn't have a video, but I'd love you to hear the harmonies of the Warblers - stunning! In this episode, Kurt's bird Pavarotti dies, and he asks his friends if they will sing Blackbird with him. I listened to both versions of the song about twenty times while preparing this post.
Goosebumps.




Go visit Thea's blog to join in on this fun game!








5 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Sensational SS&S!
    All that black is so striking.
    The image is divine.
    Your set is so beautiful, I love everything.
    I'd never thought about that song being Beatlesque, but it really is.

    Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thanks for the inspiration! It is a joy to put an SS&S together each week! xx

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful song. I love Sarah McLachlan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could drop by, Kylez! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. as Annette de la Renta) (1939-), who was born after Mannheimer's death ... husband, she is now the wife of the fashion designer Oscar de la Renta
    Oscar De La Renta Perfume Gift Set

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx