Wednesday 22 August 2012

A Snap, A Set, and A Song - Vintage Dame

This year I am especially loving the fashions from 1920, pretty much up to 1970. (I lived 1970, so been there, done that!) And at A Snap, A Set and a Song this week, Thea has chosen the theme Vintage - love that girl!

My first thought for the vintage theme was Mad Men, even though I've never seen an episode!
I just love this Snap, and the whole look of Christina Hendricks as Joan Holloway.


So I took inspiration form the burnt orange tones of this pic as inspiration for my Set:

Vintage Dame


Tea dress
$625 - suzannah.com



Fendi handbag
barneys.com


Flower necklace
romwe.com


Charlotte Russe enamel bangle
charlotterusse.com


Tribal jewelry
endless.com


Chanel eyeshadow
nordstrom.com



Fragrance
lindelepalais.com



CLEARANCE - Watercolor and Charcoal Painting - Vintage Chocolate and...
etsy.com



The song that was floating around in my head while I was making my Set, was this glorious one by Doris Day:


I can get right into lounge music! 
Check out some more vintage goodness over at Thea's blog:


xx



7 comments:

  1. Being somewhat vintage myself, I love this theme. The snap you picked sure evoked a feeling, and your set reminds me of being at our house in the mountains when I was very young. And Doris Day/Rock Hudson ... before he came out of the closet. Very classic ... errr ... I mean "vintage". :-)

    (Loved your choices this week.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A house in the mountains sounds so nice! I went to a new friend's house after posting this set the other day and they had a cabinet just like the one in the picture - spooky! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh - and I loved the classic cameras in your set. I actually had a Kodak Brownie at one time. Notice I managed to get three of my cameras into my SS&S this week? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby has a vintage camera like this of his grandfather's. They are such wonderful, precious things! :)

      Delete
    2. Agreed ... I love collecting (and using when possible) antique cameras. :-)

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen an episode of Mad Men either, only images, and the one you chose is gorgeous!!
    I almost used the same dress as you in my set, isn't it stunning?! I love the colours in your set.
    GREAT song! I remember David Campbell and Jolene Anderson singing that song in It Takes Two. Loved it then as well.

    Thanks again for linking another fabulous SS&S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want that dress but it's a tad out of my price range, lol! This song and others in the lounge music genre are my favourite to listen to when cooking! Not sure how that came about, but it's true.:)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx