Thursday 24 May 2012

The Wicked Witch - A Snap, A Set and A Song

I have such fun during the week, playing with polyvore and creating a blog post to match a theme for the Snap, Set and Song, meme. This week's theme is Green. I was stumped at first, and then I thought of emeralds, which made me think of The Emerald City, and the Wicked Witch of the West, who is green! 

My Snap is of the cover of Gregory Maguire's book Wicked, which a friend gave me to read about 5 years ago. I thought it was a magnificent idea of how life may have really been for the Wicked Witch of the West, and I loved the story. If you like The Wizard of Oz, you should read this book, if you haven't already! This book is the version that includes the follow up to Wicked, called Son of a Witch, which I haven't yet read. I must find it sometime!



When the musical, Wicked, came along I was unsure about seeing it, in case it spoiled the original story of the Wizard of Oz, so we waited until the very last minute and then got tickets. I was soooo glad we saw it - what an incredible show! The script was funny, the acting and singing were awesome, and the stage sets and costumes were AMAZING! I played the soundtrack in my car for about six months straight afterwards! 

My Set is inspired by the Wicked Witch of the West. 

The Wicked Witch


Max Studio evening dresses gown
$398 - maxstudio.com

Black cape
£75 - black.co.uk

Dorothy Perkins strap sandals
$69 - dorothyperkins.com

Stone necklace
$140 - hsn.com

Emerald diamond ring
jewelry.com

Envy glass earrings
$30 - amazon.com

Aspinal of London long leather glove
$209 - aspinaloflondon.com

Green eye makeup
$7.95 - etsy.com



Leiber fragrance
$115 - neimanmarcus.com




I am so in love with the Wicked soundtrack that my Song choice for this theme is One Short Day from the musical, a glimpse into the Emerald City. (Be sure to enlarge this clip for a better view!)


Enjoy some more interpretations of the green theme at A Snap, A Set and a Song.


xx







5 comments:

  1. My second choice as interpretation of this theme was going to be OZ and the Emerald City. Glad someone did use it - and it's probably more appropriate coming from Oz. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if you might, given your theatre links. But I couldn't resist!
      :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! I love the mood of your post, very dramatic and theatrical. I almost used that eye with green eye shadow in my set!
    I haven't read the book Wicked or seen the show. Must put it on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live theatre makes everything shine! And the ending of the musical is much better than the book. I'm just so bummed at the moment that we missed out on Mary Poppins tickets. :(

      Delete
    2. We just recently saw Mary Poppins. If you do gt a chance - don't miss it.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx