Thursday 29 March 2012

Make a Change - Learning to Love Exercise

I have sooo been failing in my recent challenge to exercise.
The problem is, that I still haven't completely changed my sleeping routine, which means I'm really stuck for the times I can exercise. Grrr!! Changing food habits is so easy, but sleeping at the right times is not!!

However, yesterday I actually found a solution! We had friends coming for dinner, and our house was looking a bit worse for wear, so I spent about an hour rushing around vacuuming, mopping floors and scrubbing toilets. Surprisingly, it was a great workout, and I accomplished some housework at the same time! So, while twenty minutes of heavy housework each day may not be equivalent to 20 min of exercise, an hour must be pretty close, and I needed to be motivated to do both. So I have revised my exercise  challenge to be:

1 hour of housework exercise each day.


I'm pretty excited about this, and feel I will accomplish much more!


Update: I have just finished an hour an a half of housework exercise! Woohoo! House looks good, back feels good, feeling invigorated and happy with myself, I'm on a roll now!
xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy - some enterprising American woman has actually written a book recently about this exact same thing. Exercise while you do domestic chores you absolutely HATE! Now my dodgy knee is preventing me from taking puppy Lulu for long walks, I guess I'll just have to speed up the vacuuming for the calorie burn.
    Millie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it will work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx