Saturday 18 February 2012

The Leopard Lodge

We had an AMAZING meal last night at a restaurant called The Leopard Lodge. We found the restaurateurs a couple of years ago at their last restaurant called the Serengeti Grill, in Joondalup. There, we discovered Banoffie Pie, which is an INCREDIBLE dessert! We have eaten it wherever we have seen it offered, but no one makes it like these guys.

Now they have the perfect setting for their restaurant, in the bush near Joondalup.  Look what greeted us as we entered the property! It gave us a fright at first, because we thought it was real, but then we had a good  laugh about what a clever idea it was.


The restaurant is in a safari lodge style building, with African art and artefacts all around. It is just gorgeous, and the atmosphere was intimate and inviting. The place was packed, and people just kept arriving.


We don't usually have soup when we go out for dinner, but we thought we'd have a try of their soup of the day, Creamy Vegetable. Oh. My. Goodness. It was the BEST soup I have ever tried in my life! Jonathon and I were just beside ourselves with how delicious it was!

Jonathon then had the steak with monkey gland sauce (which isn't actually from monkeys!)


and I had the Tiger prawns, although I forgot to take a photo, because I was so eager to eat them! Both dishes were so tasty! Jack had the kids' steak and chips, which was beautifully seasoned, and he ate the lot!

Then we all had a slice of (drum roll please) Banoffie Pie, still the best dessert ever! We were not disappointed, and oohed and aahed all the way through it.


Sometime, we will have to hold a birthday party or something here, because the outdoor setting is just stunning!


We love this place, and will go back as soon as we can!

I'm grateful for the lovely adventures I have with my family, so I am linking up with 52 Weeks of Grateful at Maxabella Loves. Meet me there!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Might have to go for a drive out that way sometime. Special occassion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! that food looks great. Glad you had a great time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW this place looks amazing! I've never seen anything like it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous setting for a meal. I hope you are keeping well, still reading your posts in my reader but apologies for not calling by to comment very often, time just seems to get swallowed up by real life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan this was a belated Valentine's Dinner, because the restaurant is not open on week nights.

    Lindy Lou, I haven't forgotten you either, but I've just added you to my blogroll so I'll drop by more often too.

    Thanks for visiting everyone! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a very unusual venue! Glad you lo loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx