Thursday 23 February 2012

Food for the Soul



I don't want to go all religious on you, but something I share very little of on my blog, is my family's life as members of the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Recently we have had so many members and missionaries visit our home, that we have felt very loved by the people of our Church. We were offered the challenge this week to read from the Book of Mormon every day, something we have not done for awhile. I am not one to read books over and over; once I have read a book, I generally keep it, and never read it again! But with scriptures, the idea is to read them daily to keep hearing uplifting messages, 
to provide food for the soul.

We all need uplifting on a daily basis. The world spins chaotically around us, as we go about our work, and it takes much courage to keep our heads above water. Sometimes, a quiet prayer, a verse of scripture, or a piece of music, can lift our spirits and remind us that Heavenly Father watches over us, he knows each and every one of us, and he is there to guide us as we travel these rocky paths.

I accept the challenge to read a chapter of the Book of Mormon every day, and will keep a record of my progress right here.
If your Book of Mormon is sitting dusty on your bedside, 
maybe you would like to join me? xx

Reading Log
First Book of Nephi
Feb 21 - 1 Nephi Chapter 1
Feb 22  - 1 Nephi Chapter 2
Feb 23  - 1 Nephi Chapters 3-8
Feb 24  - 1 Nephi Chapter 9-13
Feb 25 - 1 Nephi Chapter 14
Feb 26  - 1 Nephi Chapter 15-19
Feb 27  - 1 Nephi Chapter 20-22
Second Book of Nephi
Feb 28  - 2 Nephi Chapter 1-3
March 3 - 2 Nephi Chapter 4
March 4 - 2 Nephi Chapter 5-15

2 comments:

  1. O-Sushi Restaurant Broadbeach has come up with its wonderful Japanese cuisine culture with health benefits in addition with the international standard. We are providing a real big menu .some highlights can include Gourmet Sushi, Sashimi, special rolls, Grilled dishes Kushi Yaki, Teppan, noodle soup, seafood special, desserts, cocktails, soft drinks, Sakes, great range of wine, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotel management system is based on graphical user interface so that any non technical person or operator can easily use this software.Hotel SoftwareThanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx