Monday 27 February 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

I found this gorgeous book in the newsagency on the weekend. I couldn't resist it as there are always new ideas in books like this. Besides, I fell in love with the cover, and there are coloured illustrations like this all the way through:


I'm also still reading Emma, which I am finding to be exactly as I thought, laborious.


Nothing ever happens in this story, but I don't mind the characters, so I will continue on. Are you a fan of Austen books? Or do you find them to be longwinded and boring?

I'm linking up with Sheila at the Book Journey to find out what everyone else is reading. Join me!


10 comments:

  1. I picked up a book today at the shops called The Snow Child. I hadn't heard of it but the cover art was beautiful and it was hard cover! It based on a Russian fairy tale, so of course being a fairy tale lover, I bought it! Can't wait to start it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a fan of Austen. I'm more the kind of reader who will try a book by her because every says I should. :-)

    Hope you'll happily get through Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of the Snow Child, Megan! Just the thought of a Russian fairytale is very exotic!

    Judith, I'm feeling that's how I am with Austen. I enjoy the characters and the setting, but the dialogue goes on and on, and the action is nil! I think this will be the last one of hers I will read!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE reading Jane Austen!! But of course, I'm a poet and I just love the lyrical use of words. :-]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love poetry too, but perhaps not so much with dialogue, and more with descriptions. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel relaxed just looking at that cover! Thanks for sharing, Wendy, and for visiting my blog.

    Have I told you how much I LOVE your blog header?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Laurel-Rain! Sometimes I think I should change my blog header as other people do, but I just can't part with this picture yet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Austen books - I am currently reading Lola's Secret by Monica McInerney. Will do a blog review once I finish its a fanastic book

    ReplyDelete
  9. The relaxing book looks like a good one, especially when you are with little kids all day! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emma is probably my favourite of Austen's, i find pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility hard work.

    Wishing you a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx