Monday 10 May 2010

My Space and Yours - Make me proud

Over at Hello Owl, the My Place and Yours meme this week is to show something in our home that makes us proud. I have chosen this artwork created with pastels that my son made last year in year 6.


Seeing this reassures me that the art teachers at our school are teaching the children about the great artists of history, including the wonderful Picasso. Jack captured the spirit of Picasso so well that I couldn't help but be proud, and his artwork has pride of place in the study, where I can see it every day when I blog!

Pop over to Hello Owl to see some other things that make people proud!

9 comments:

  1. That pastel is fantastic.... and so you should be proud too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! My daughter has done something similar at her school - they have done a few self portraits in the style of master artist - I can't wait for hers to come home so I can frame them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece! I hope you have it framed. My daughter did a piece similar to O'Keefe. It hangs in our hallway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An Artist in the making! That's a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anything about art - but I'd say thats pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great colourist in the making. That is definitely something to be proud of. I wonder what they teach alot of the time too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely artwork - it is fabulous that he has an art teacher who inspires them to try new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow thats a great piece of art created by your son I can see why you are proud of it. Like Bea, I hope you get it framed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow go Jack! I didn't realise we had a budding artist in the family! Did you tell him he gets it from his mum. Love Kristie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx