Saturday 28 July 2012

Victoria St Markets and Madame Pompadour

The Victoria St Markets in Melbourne were HUGE, let me tell you, and I bought some great shoes from a man who had worked there for 41 years! I loved these red shoes so much, (they were so comfy and cute!)I went back, just before we caught the plane home, to buy a black pair the same!



Also, at the Markets, it was so chilly that I had to buy a grey scarf and slouch hat to keep me toasty.


Here I am wearing them, and my new red jacket from a shop in Docklands.


My favourite shop of all in Melbourne was at the markets, in one of the buildings along the side - 
Madame Pompadour! 
Appealing to the part of me that adores pinks, reds and florals, 
I could have happily bought every item in this shop! Teapots, roses and quilts, oh my!









As it was, I bought pyjamas, a skirt, rings, and a greeting card, but with more time and luggage space I could have really gone crazy!


Love, love, adore!

xx

4 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is that shop! I love the Owl bunting - I think I can see how it is made, may have to give it a go. Lots of things in there that Miss Lily would love, must visit that one next time. Loving all the photos from Melbourne. Love the red jacket and are those the gloves I gave you for your birthday I spy there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are the gloves - oh so thankful for them in Melbourne!

      So many yummy things in Madame Pompadour! Even looking at the photos now, there are things I wish I had bought (darn). I guess they would do phone orders and I can just buy everything in there one item at a time lol! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks like such a fantastic shop filled with all sorts of goodies, and I love your red coat! :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for such a nice comment! I love that you teach children and are from Australia...two of my favorite things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Liesl! Red coats are pretty popular in Australia this winter, so I just had to have one! xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx