Saturday 14 April 2012

Robert Doisneau

On your way here, you might have noticed that today Google is commemorating what would have been French photographer Robert Doisneau's 100th Birthday. Pretty much everyone recognises his most famous photo, The Kiss from 1950. Such a beautiful shot:


Doisneau even had to go to court over this picture, because a couple tried to sue him for taking their photo without his permission, but it was another couple altogether! How rude!

There are hundreds of photos, but these are my favourites. I had some of them as postcards in the 90s:

Growing Up

The Cellist, 1957

Fashion

Hotel de Ville

Parisienne, 1969

An exquisite view of the world. Makes me want to be a professional photographer.

But aren't all bloggers wannabe photographers?

xx

6 comments:

  1. Uhhhh...not this blogger! LOL I am not and don't wanabe 'any kind' of photographer! ^_^ But I'm always so happy when one comes out the way I envisioned it! Phew!...But I certainly can appreciate a good photo when I see one, and these are fabu!! Thanks for sharing them. I'd never seen any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! You underestimate your talents, Deb. However, I know you blog for the writing side of it, and to let us know of your crocheting pursuits. It is always a treat to read and see your creations!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Growing Up photo - so beautiful!
    Love your header too btw!
    And love that I have discovered your beautiful little blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, so glad to have you! Thanks for following me! xx

      Delete
  4. Awesome quote of Robert Doisneau . Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well what is the hesitation? Pick up a camera and click. Your way of seeing is the key to taking the picture, learning the operations of the camera is just part of the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx