Saturday 4 July 2009

While everyone celebrates the 4th July...

...I'm going to celebrate being an Aussie! Pictures on blogs of the red, white and blue, and beautiful prairies in America, have inspired me to share some great Australian landmarks. These photos show some of the most famous rock formations throughout Australia.


Uluru, Alice Springs, Northern Territory

The Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road, Victoria

Bald Rock, Stanthorpe, Queensland

Elephant Rocks, Denmark, Western Australia


Wave Rock, Hyden, Western Australia

The Pinnacles, Cervantes, Western Australia

Cradle Mountain, Tasmania

Karlukarlu (The Devil's Marbles), Tennent Creek, Northern Territory

Glowing skies, golden sands, sparkling seas.

"Our land abounds with nature's gifts of beauty, rich and rare."

Stunning, don't you think?

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see some photos of home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I posted your parcel yesterday-I had to get to the post office because it was closing early...but I wanted to send it to you ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on ya Mate.... it did me ole heart good to see the Aussie scenes you posted... and hey i am anWusiie thru and thru... Advance Australia Fair...yeahhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS you know my address.... yep i am still here.....not moving just yet... contrat has be usurped on a 48 hour clause...dang....still going to look though

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really do live in a beautiful country, don't we?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx