1. Blue/Grey - When we first built this house I had an obsession with blue/grey; doors, benches, cupboards, blinds, paint. Pretty soon it was ugly, ugly ugly, and we are only just now finding the time to paint all the doors white. We'll get to the kitchen and bathroom renos one day...
2. Ocean theme - Another silly mistake, ocean theme feature tiles in the bathroom, that need to be replaced very soon. So old hat.
3. White laminated furniture - We've got white bedside cabinets that were meant to be temporary and have been there about six years! Baby stuff. Need to buy black/brown ones from Ikea. Soon.
4. Coloured walls - We have painted our walls a myriad of colours over the years, purple, blue, bright yellow, red, brown. We are in the process of painting them white (although I still love the caramel in the loungeroom and the red in Jack's playroom.) Here is a glimpse of the pink wall we still have lurking in the house. What was I thinking???
5. Stripes and the nautical look - As you have gathered, are so not me.
1. Asian influenced decor - I adore cherry blossoms, any sort of blossom really, and the theme just branched out (excuse the pun) from there.
2. Dark frames with beautiful art - Just waiting to put up these frames with pictures from The Black Apple. About to get some new pictures from Georgia Parsons too. Can't wait!
This paper tole picture, that I LOVE, was made many years ago, by my Mum.
3. Antiques - Love these classic pieces - my Nanna's clock, my Mum's piano, my Dad's gramophone, and my scrapbooking desk.
4. White walls and doors - slowly but surely...aaahhh.
5. White French doors - Always wanted a set of these in my house. Love.
I wonder if anyone else out there DARES to show their Nevers and Always of home decorating.