Saturday 19 November 2011

Farewell Baby Willow

It was a very difficult week
with the anticipation of my niece Willow's funeral. 


While choosing songs for the service, it was amazing how appropriate the lyrics of songs became
when listened to in a different light.

The opening song was this one from the musical Wicked:


We watched a slide show of pictures of Willow to this lovely old song:


We listened to this one, while we laid rose petals on Willow's coffin. My sister said this music helps her to imagine Willow happily skipping through a field of flowers.


We went outside the chapel to let balloons go, to this beautiful song by Ben Harper:


Emotions were high, and many, many tears were shed, but it was a lovely service, with my sister and her partner giving a heartfelt and honest account of their thoughts, feelings and experiences during this devastating time. 

It was comforting to see so many supportive
family members and friends
there to help remember this sweet child of God.
A collective gasp could be heard as we let our balloons lift to the sky.


Gosh, an occasion like this is heart-wrenching and difficult.
But there was a positive feeling of hope in the air, and I am sure many people left feeling they had helped to make the day somewhat easier for our family, with their love, words and hugs.

Bless our little darling Willow,
and may she dance with joy through the fields of heaven.


Willow Frances Tozer
26/10/11 - 6/11/11

6 comments:

  1. Oh Wendy!!

    My last post was called 'Funerals' and it is nothing compared to this.
    I cannot imagine the pain of losing a baby.

    What a sweet little Willow she is.

    She was born on my birthday.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful earthly farewell to such a perfect little angel...
    holding you close in our thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difficult time for you and your family. I'm glad you found such wonderful songs to commemorate Willow's life and memory. Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. Be sure to hold your precious ones close.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so sorry for your families loss. What a beautiful little girl she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Wendy, I am still playing catch up after completing our olive harvest. I was so sad to find I was catching up with such unhappiness in your family, my condolences to you all. You might find my last book review of interest as sadly relevant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx