Sunday, 7 September 2014

What Are You Reading?


Hello blogging friends!
I have had a pretty stressful week with tradespeople not turning up, and having to apply for my teaching job (we are overstaffed at our school and have to lose 9 teachers for next year!) Also, the teen fiction collection I helped set up in the school library had to be put back with the rest of the books because many of the teachers didn't like the idea. Added to that I had the start of a cold and now have some puky gastro bug. So my week has sucked big time!

Luckily I read some good books, which I have reviewed over at my other blog 


Hopefully I will have a better week and find out that I will keep my job (cross fingers) and that the tradespeople will all turn up (cross toes) and we will have our new kitchen installed (cross everything!) At the moment we have absolutely no kitchen, as hubby ripped out the last of it on Saturday, so a new one would be very good!

Popping over to Book Journey now where hopefully everyone has had a better week than me!



Until then...
xxx

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better...and there is nothing worse than waiting for people who do not show! Better luck this week...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plasterer says he will be coming today but I'll believe it when I see it. He better, because our kitchen goes in tomorrow! Having the day off work today to try to get over this bug. Thanks for dropping in :)

      Delete
  2. I love Jeffery Archer, I think I have to read that book!

    Here is my Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely read it if you can get a copy. I'm going to hold onto this one because there is a particular story in there called A La Carte which has a great way of sharing the message about aiming high in life that I want my son to read. Pure gold :).

      Delete
  3. Ugh that sounds like a hideous week, hopefully you got all the YUK over and done with in one foul swoop. The Greatest Lover ever looks good. I met Christina Brooke at ARRC last year, and added her books to my read list ...
    Good luck with the tradies and hope this week is a better one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still sick, but my plasterer and plumber came today, and the kitchen has arrived ready to be put in. Progress!
      Give the Greatest Lover a go, it's a fun read. :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx