Monday, 25 August 2014

What Are You Reading?


Hello again! I'm still reading as much as possible so I can give up some books for a book sale at our school in one week's time! Arrrgh, impossible! My To-Be-Read pile is still ginormous! I would actually really like to get into the new Robin Hobb book, but I just have to read a few romance books that I was given, because I can't set them free without giving them a chance!

Here is what I read this week:

                      

My reviews for these books are over at my other blog Owl Book Reviews.

In other news; I have been rearranging our school library so the teenagers have an area of fiction with books written for their age group. These books had previously been filed with the junior fiction, and were hard to find:




Hopefully with some promotion, they will venture in and start borrowing, as the general interest of the teens in the library has all but disappeared over recent years. Does anyone have any tips they can share about getting teens into the library? Please share in the comments if you do.

Going to visit Book Journey now, as Sheila is always very inspiring and has awesome bookish adventures.


Until next time...
xx

10 comments:

  1. I read The Best of Us and thought it was just ok, it's the only Sarah Pekkanen book I've read. Do you think more teens have eReaders or do you think they're just not reading?
    Have a great week and good luck getting through that TBR stack lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really thought about them using eReaders or ipads. Maybe I could organise a survey for them about their reading habits. Thanks for the food for thought. :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with getting your reading done in time!

    Have a great week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been good to discover some new authors! :)

      Delete
  3. The library looks great! Hmm...is there a school publication where you could advertise the new teen section and highlight some popular books? That might bring them in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! And there's a display cabinet outside the library too, where we can put some eye-catching ads. Thanks for the inspiration.:)

      Delete
  4. My to-be-read pile will never be small. It keeps going in the other direction. :)

    The library looks nice. I hope your school year is good.

    Our school librarian puts books outside on tables to attract attention. Give that a try if you haven't.

    I am amazed how many books you read last week. I only manage one per week.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the book table idea; sounds like it could actually catch them on the way past, ha!

      I'm usually a one book a week person, but I'm burning the candle at both ends at the moment trying to get through a pile of romance novels from a friend. And getting in a bit of my own interests too, like the Wowplace book. I love reading about self-improvement.:)

      Delete
  5. The library looks great! I've been wanting to read Jackie Collins for awhile now but haven't gotten to her yet. Might not be able to squeeze her in this year so hopefully next year. Enjoy your reads!
    My It's Monday! Post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Kimberly! If you are going to read a Jackie Collins book, I wouldn't recommend this one; it's just so trashy. But I recall Hollywood Wives being a good one, back in the day!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a message. You have made my day! xx